The Pocket Arcade is a handheld version of the popular Tiny Arcade from TinyCircuits - an arcade so itty-bitty it fits in the palm of your hand. Enjoy classic video games on this fully-functioning handheld mini arcade wherever and whenever you want. Whether you are looking to recreate your childhood memories or make new ones, the Pocket Arcade is simple to build and simple to use.
The Pocket Arcade has a color screen, a joystick, a built-in speaker, a battery a USB port, and a microSD expansion slot. Any microSD card can be used to load games or videos on the Pocket Arcade, but purchasing one is recommended. Three games are pre-loaded on the Pocket Arcade, and a whole slew of throwbacks can be downloaded completely free from our site. If you’re looking to exercise your programming skills, you can develop your own games to play on the Tiny Arcade & Pocket Arcade and share in the TinyCircuits community.
In addition to providing hours of non-stop game play, the Pocket Arcade can also be used to watch videos. Any MP4 file can be converted to the TinyScreen format of the Pocket Arcade. Use the free tool to convert the files, load them on the microSD card, and insert it in the Pocket Arcade for a tiny movie experience.
Don’t know what all that means? Doesn’t matter. Order the Pocket Arcade, and you’ll be playing Tiny Asteroids from the comfort of your own home in the palm of your own hand within minutes of opening the box!
- Arduino-compatible platform with powerful 32-bit ARM processor
- Beautiful and vibrant full-color OLED screen
- Three games pre-loaded for immediate play (Flappy Birdz, Tiny Shooter and TinyTris)
- MicroSD card compatibility for additional game and video storage
- High-quality D-pad and two working push buttons
- Built-in speaker with volume control switch
- Rechargeable lithium battery
- USB port for charging and loading
- Crisp and clear acrylic casing
- Lanyard included for easy carrying
The Pocket Arcade is simple to put together - there is no soldering needed, or any special tools. Everything fits together with no glue needed. It only takes about 10 minutes to assemble a Pocket Arcade. Check out the assembly instructions here.
The Kit Includes:
- Pocket Arcade circuits board with built-in screen and processor
- 3D Printed Buttons
- Acrylic Case Pieces (Clear)
- Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery
- Screws and Nuts for assembly
- A Speaker
- A Lanyard Strap
- The silkscreen for the Sound Control Switch is backwards on early board versions. The indicated "OFF" position is actually "ON"
All games for the Pocket Arcade and Tiny Arcade are free and open-source. Some of our favorites include Flappy Birdz, Tiny Brick, and Asteroids. View all the current games here, download all the games in one zip file here, or purchase a microSD card pre-loaded with games of your choice here.
Watch videos and movies on your Pocket Arcade. Convert any MP4 movie using a free utility to the TinyScreen format, put them on a microSD card, plug in and watch your videos (with sound!) Learn how here.
The Pocket Arcade is based upon the Arduino Platform - all games are free and opne-source, and you can create your own. Learn how here.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
The Tiny Arcade and Pocket Arcade are only as good as the games they support, and out of the box there are plenty to get you going. However, being open-source and providing free and customizable content, we look forward to building a community of gamers who edit and develop their own games. Share you work. Join in the fun! Ask questions and give design tips on design to others on the forum.